Sketches N Doodles: New Blog Page




UPDATE: You can now find the sketches and doodles at my new website here.
---
I just added a new page to my blog up top there, see it?  It's called "Sketches N Doodles."  I invite you to have a look see!

One of my favorite places to go when I'm viewing artist's work is their pure pencil drawings and sketches.  I love seeing the lines, the mistakes, and the character it gives each drawing.  You can see where the artist pushed and pulled a line until it was in the right place, then darkened it to fit their satisfaction of shape, form, and detail.

Sketches also give away what the artist really loves to draw, especially if it's just the stuff they draw for fun, with no job or assignment given.  You get a glimpse of personality, sense of humor, what they think about, and their imagination.

The drawings posted in this page WERE actually an assignment from the amazing Don Seegmiller, but the assignment was, "Don't erase, draw what you WANT, and have fun."


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!