YSYS: "STOP!!" Digital vs Acrylic

So.  Back when I was trying to do this book in acrylic paint and hating life, this is what happened:



Acrylic Painting
(back when Hippo was gonna be blue)

Not too bad.  But definitely needs work.  Definitely not finished.  Aaand, this is what I painted today:  :)



Digital Painting


Hmmm.... I have to say, seeing them next to each other helps me see things I want to change on the digital one.  I think I can lighten up the chin area and either make the inside of the mouth a little lighter or the back of the throat darker.  Or both.  Oh and I can definitely things up inside his ears!

Edits come after all paintings are done.  So... on to the next painting!!!


“When you take the time to actually listen, with humility, to what people have to say, it's amazing what you can learn. Especially if the people who are doing the talking also happen to be children.”
~Greg Mortenson

2 comments:

  1. Great drawing, Ginny! I fully agree that the purple hippo looks better than the blue one. :P

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!