BFA Show Opening Reception! I loved it.
(note: the show will remain up until July 13th for those who still want to go see)
Photography by Lindsey Marie Sweat:
|I put the story's text at the bottom of each piece so people could read the story of "You Should, You Should!"|
|This wonderful lady found me more than once to tell me how much she loved my book.|
|I love this pic|
|Me talking to Will Terry, "This is how you changed me life forever, Will Terry. I couldn't have done this without you!"|
(only sad part is that my business cards didn't arrive on time so I couldn't pass out the little card to tell people they can pre-order it on Amazon... oh well...)
*Click here to see and read the book up close*
Here's the delicious food, provided by the fabulous Camie Call:
Here are the other talented beings I was fortunate to have my show with:
Mr. James Allen
Mr. Nate Call
Mrs. Rani Bean
And this is all of us together:
(Oh, except me. I had to bail before we thought to take a group pic, because of a late night camping trip right after the show... yes I was exhausted)
(Nate, Rani, James... imaginary me)
- Watching children read my story (the reason I put the text below the pics, so kids could see them)
- Having strangers find me to tell me how much they loved not just the art, but the also story.
- Hearing the question over and over, "How can I get this book?? This is incredible!"
- Almost my whole family came, as a total surprise. Wow!!! Thanks family. <3
- Being with other artists and friends, glowing together as we showed off our sweat blood and tears of this past year.
- My roommates all came, some of my best friends, and some friends I wasn't even expecting. I have the best support! <3 Thanks, guys.
- Hearing people say, "Aah, I see some Will Terry in your work."
- Watching Will Terry look at my book and give me a sincerest compliment on how far I've come.
- Seeing Perry Stewart. Thanks for teaching me some arts too, Perry!!
- Watching my brother-in-law go through two times, to read the story again.
- Listening to my brother-in-law tell me how badly we need to get this book to the world, and the importance of it's message. As if I didn't know. ;)
- Finally being done! :) This was the last step to graduation. Phew!