Here's the dummy book!
Remember feedback is appreciated, especially in this stage--it's a critical part of the process.
I used Photoshop to edit and clean my sketches a bit (some are pretty scary still) and put them in Adobe Illustrator to insert text.
What? You don't know what a dummy book is? It's okay, this time you're not the dummy. ;)
A dummy book is a sketched "rough draft" of the book, to check for:
- interesting page turns,
- make sure the story flows well and makes sense,
- consistency with text placement,
- variety in scenes (up close, far away, lots of characters, few characters)
- variety in design and compostion, (otherwise the book can get boring)
- make sure the pictures match the mood
Now without further ado:
YOU SHOULD! YOU SHOULD!
By Ginny Tilby
(page 1-3 is for title page and all the boring copyright book info, etc.)
Let me know what you think about the pictures!
Anything confusing? (besides the scribbly less finished ones) Any suggestions?
To those who gave helpful suggestions for the written story... I'm still editing so don't worry if you catch on that some changes still haven't been made.
Follow me by email (top right corner) to watch the documented process of illustrating this children's book.
I promise to make it fun!