YSYS: Back of Book Summary

Time to write what goes on the back of the book!  You know... that helpful tiny paragraph you flip the book over to read real quick before you crack open the pages?  The summary that tells you basically what to expect?  And in this case... being a picture book... it needs to be even shorter.

So here's what I have:

Hippo's morning starts off good,
until friends say, “You should! You should!”
You should prance! You should sing!
Wear this hat! Stretch your wing!
Though Hippo wants to be a friend,
he wonders when the “shoulds” will end.

Hippo and friends will soon find out
that being yourself is what life's about.

***

Yup.  That's what I have.

I thought I'd make the back rhyme too, just to give readers a quick taste of what's inside. :)


4 comments:

  1. I like it, Ginny. Good idea to make it rhyme as a "taster".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hippo's morning starts off well,
    until his friends begin to tell
    him all the ways that he should be
    "You should! You should" they shout with glee.

    You should prance! You should sing!
    Wear this hat! Stretch your wing!
    Though Hippo wants to be a friend,
    he wonders when the “shoulds” will end.

    Hippo and friends will soon find out
    that being yourself is what life's about.

    There!!! How about that!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that wasn't my doing by the way, Alicia VanNoy Call came up with that with me just now sitting here in her house!!! Thanks Lee!!!! Genius.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you!